Disabled or “Differently Able” people in Nepal face many challenges. Culturally, they are generally shunned by society, and there are few facilities that have specialized in caring for these children. These centers deal with a variety of challenged children who are effected by: Autism, Down’s syndrome, Birth Defects, Speech Impediments etc.
Nepal has partnered with a few care facilities in Kathmandu Valley who are specialized in caring for these children. Volunteers stay with a local family, while spending 6 hours a day at the facility. Volunteers typically assist caregivers, and provide more education on care methods where necessary. Volunteers may also have English language sessions for caregivers, so that they can better reply to interested donors, medical professionals and other parties. Volunteers also work with the children to provide assistance with therapy, prepare activities, teach basic health and sanitation, academic assistance, and general care. You can also help to plan activities and outings for sightseeing, picnics, cultural sharing etc. depending on the children’s abilities.
Program Fees Include:
- Transportation from Airport to placement.
- Accommodation and Breakfast (3 time )
- Accommodation and meals during placement. (nepali food i.e Daal Bhat , which includs : Rice,Lentils, vegetable and Pickle)
- Language and cultural information classes.
- Special training according to the program.
- Sightseeing in the Kathmandu Valley. (Two Different world Heritage sites of Kathmandu Valley)
Does not Include:
- Personal Insurance
- Flights (Domestic and International)
- Laundry service
- Drinks and Bar Bills
- Visa fees
- Entry fees.
We don't charge any hidden cost to volunteers. There is no refund policy once you start the programme.
Teaching, counseling, extra curricular skills, motivation, personality development.
This Program is open to.
Worldwide Participants.Participants Traveler.
Typically Participants Work
Contact Volunteer Foundation Nepal (VFN)